Coaches, Officials and Volunteers Code of Conduct
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
All coaches, officials and volunteers at the club should:
• Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and the experience of those taking
• Promote the positive aspects of the martial art (Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self
Control and an Indomitable Spirit)
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour.
• Follow all guidelines laid down by the Irish Taekwondo Union and coaches of Dragon
• Hold appropriate qualifications and insurance cover.
• Never exert undue influence over participants to gain personal benefit or reward.
• Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
• Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
• Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and
• Never use foul or inappropriate language.
• Never engage in any form of sexual relations with any student under the age of 18, or
• Read, understand and put into practise all club policies and procedures.
• Encourage fair play in all activities in the club and at visiting events.
• Ensure all students get an equal opportunity to participate in club activities as laid out by the